Saturday, July 29, 2006

Commodore 64: The Ultimate Video Game System!?

Here's my latest comic, this time, IN FULL COLOR! This one is also based on something that actually happened to me, very recently, but I'll get to that in a sec. I hope you like it!
So a friend of mine had just bought Guitar Hero, and when we brought it to my house and tried to play it in my Playstation 2, this is what happened:
This is not the only game it does this with! In fact, the thing won't even play DVDs anymore, either! Now, when I've talked (bitched) to other people about the problems I've been having with my PS2, most of them say the same thing... something along the lines of, "Well, what did you expect... the thing is getting old, it's got a lot of hard miles on it, etc., etc." Well, here's my response to that: I've had my PS2 for like 5 YEARS!! It's not that old! GUITAR HERO IS A BRAND NEW GAME!! Do you all buy new TVs and Refridgerators every 5 years!? I think a piece of new technology should last a while, don't you? Especially when it costs hundreds of dollars! To further illustrate my point, I dug into my closet and pulled out my Commodore 64 and hooked it up:
The thing fired right up like a champ! And just to be sure, I loaded up a few games... here's me playing the totally sweet game Space Taxi:
Here's Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders:
And lastly, Ghostbusters:
As you can see, all three games I tried worked perfectly, and on the first try even! The Commodore 64 was released in 1982, and these games were all released during the 1980s! My PS2 is 5 years old, and I have to fuss with it for 20 minutes to get a brand new game to work! And Sony wants us all to pay 600 dollars for the Playstation 3? Nice try, jerks! I'll just stick to Space Taxi, thanks! And hacky sack.

5 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea Commodore!! BOO PS2!! Yeah how awesome I look in comic book form!!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Weaver said...

My PS1 is about ten years old - and its been used most of that time - A LOT - including the last few years when I leant it to a friend who played through my libray of games (and then others), clocking up god knows how many hours. It's still going strong.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Brian P. Stone said...

I got my PSOne like, almost right when it came out. I got a lot of good years out of it, but eventually my games started freezing and skipping (and it's not like I abused the thing or anything). Towards the end of it's life, I had to turn it upside down to get it to work at all!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, ya know Brian. It's the laser head of the DVD drive. They are an overdriven solid-state device and the ones manufactured five years ago have about reached the end of their life. I just had to replace the DVD drive in my home built computer for this very reason.
How do I know all this? I'm your Uncle who was an electronics technician.
Nice art work btw.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get up to the minute video game software information!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home