Friday, June 23, 2006

Action! Satisfaction!

I find that when I'm doodling, I always seem to draw my characters JUST STANDING THERE. In an attempt to rememdy this, I dedicated my lunchbreaks at work this week to practicing drawing some actiony kung-fu style poses. Here's what I came up with...
I have no idea how one would throw a kick like this, let alone connect with it. I'm still pretty pleased with how this came out, though... I really like the angle.
Makoto from Street Fighter 3 does a punch like this. Apparently, so does my good buddy Mike.
Yeah... this is a pretty generic 'flying ninja' kind of pose. Anyways, while I was digging thru some boxes in my mom's basement, I turned up a ton of old old sketchpads. In one of them, I found a few of these two-panel comics I did about two years ago. Here they are...


I seem to remember that I didn't finish this one because I didn't think my facial expression came out funny enough in the second panel. Anyways, the important thing about this comic is...

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME!!

I was so upset that I had to take a nice long break and rethink my life. Not that it did much good, since I'm still working retail. Oh well, gotta pay the bills, right? Anyway, enjoy, leave me some comments, and thanks in advance!

5 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Amber said...

haha!!! Im truly inspired! I love your drawings!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Brian P. Stone said...

Wow... I like, JUST posted this and allready there's a comment! Thanks a million!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ man! it's great, but whyyyyyy did you never finnish inking it??? you were like half done with it an way.
dude.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Brian P. Stone said...

Who knows...? Like I said, I just dug it up in the basement with a bunch of other old drawings and sketchpads.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dooooooooitttt!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home