Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Practice with Inking

I cranked out this short comic tonight. It didn't really come out so hot, but it was really good practice inking for me. Tell me what you think:
I did pass that test, by the way. My stomach started growling as soon as I got ready to do my first situp, and I was pretty worried that I wouldn't have the energy to get through it all. It had been cool and rainy all morning, but as soon as we went outside to run, the sun came out and it got HOT... hot and humid from all the wetness. I was sucking wind like you wouldn't believe, but I got through. And as soon as we were done running? It started raining again. Go figure. God, look at me in those drawings... I need a haircut.

Anyways, I don't practice with inks as much as I should. This is something I'm hoping to change. Since I've never had any real formal training, all I can do is just practice, practice, get hints from friends and peers, and improve. Take these drawings for example:
The one on the left I drew like 6 years ago. The one on the right is the same character, drawn in the last six months. I'd like to think there's some evolution there. Hopefully, we'll all be able to look at my action drawings and my inks in a few months and see some similar progress.

And now, for one tiny last bit of good news I got in the mail the other day:

Huzzah! I'm SAFE!!Thanks for looking, let me know what you all think!

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! A finished comic! looks awesome too. my only criticism is the panel lines should be thicker. very minor point though. Keep up the comics and i promise to do the same!

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mo. just wanted to mention something that will help you, that is if your computer can handel it.
when you scan in your art scan it at 600 dpi black and white, then in photoshop you can change it to grey tone mode or whatever. you will have a consistant black line that way.
later

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo dog, I got one of those things in the mail the other day. It was a bigger relief than getting out of Astoria. At least you don't sleep in the belly of a ship next to a gaint with the stench of death upon him. peace out

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo dog, I got one of those things in the mail the other day. It was a bigger relief than getting out of Astoria. At least you don't sleep in the belly of a ship next to a gaint with the stench of death upon him. peace out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home