Sunday, July 09, 2006

How Brian Got Fired!

Before I start blabbering about my latest comic, allow me to pitch something to you, my loyal readers (both of you)! Click this link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=7748 and read a short article, as well as a 16 page preview, of my good friend Matt's latest book, Side-Scrollers, coming out this fall! Also, it stars ME!! (Seriously). If you like what you see, CLICK HERE to pre-order it from Amazon, as I have!



Anyways, here's my latest comic. This is another one of those 'this actually happened to me' things. Read on, and prepare to be amazed by stupidity...
Now, I'm not actually FIRED... I still work at Target... but this conversation actually took place. It was actually a bit longer and involved some other crap, but the meat of it is that basically I don't come to work grinning and doing backflips, so I've been shuffled out of my position. I'm not even really DEMOTED... just moved to a different position. Which is going to involve not only a new schedule, but I'm also going to have to start CLOSING. Which sucks, because when you close at Target, you're usually right back in the next morning to open the store. Isn't there a law about that? All this fuss, and right when I'm trying to get out of there, too. Oh well.


Here's something else I drew the other day. Now, I don't normally do a lot of 'fan art' apart from the occasional Spider-Man, Bat Man, or Ninja Turtle; but come on, who DOESN'T draw the occasional Spider-Man, Bat Man, or Ninja Turtle? Anyway, I was watching Futurama, and I doodled this picture of the Planet Express Crew. I did them up in my own style (except for Bender, I wasn't going to mess with perfection there). Let me know what you think!

3 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have more than 2 readers!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Shit, my retail job (of almost 2 years) turned on me the same way a month ago. Hope we both find something soon!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Weaver said...

I like the comic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home