Monday, June 19, 2006

Some more comics sketches

Thanks everyone who's left me comments, they're always greatly appreciated!

Here's a couple more quick sketches I've cranked out recently. While I do like animation a lot, my first love is comics, so here's a couple panels I did. I actually did these a while ago when I was really into the game Dark Cloud 2... to draw the plant monster, I had to sit there with the game paused for quite some time. Let me know what you think of this... the panel layout, art, etc... I'd love to hear some comments. I never did finish this, so I guess it was just practice. The joke was something along the lines of, in a game like this, I just get OBSESSED with all the minigames and stuff. I just have to find all the hidden items, level up every weapon, kill every monster, that kind of thing. I spent like over 150 hours each on Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave.
Speaking of Nippon Ichi games, this sketch was inspired by the 'lift' abililty in Disgaea. I think it could have come out a little better, but all in all I'm pretty pleased. I had an idea for a scene in a comic where they all lifted each other and tossed each other to get to... something. Didn't figure it out yet. Just thought it'd be a funny reference to the game. I guess the joke is that it's probably not that easy to lift a stack of people and throw them across the room.

I'd love to hear what anyone thinks, thanks a lot!

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Blogger Brian P. Stone said...

Yeah, I can't deny there's some anime in there. It would be too hard for me to list all my influences, since I'm always on the lookout for new stuff and I'm always picking up little things here and there. Maybe I'll do a post on some of my influences and favorite artists soon.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Amber said...

gosh the 3 guys stepping on top of each other reminds me of me and my friends! you are so talented!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home